CHARMS™ for Higher Education Institutions
News ID: 700
CHARMS™ - the secure, online case management system for social care, is used by 90% of independent fostering agencies in the UK and Ireland; scores of adult services providers; around 50 local authorities; and many not-for-profit organisations such as Barnardo's, Action for Children and the Royal Society for Blind Children. It is one of the most widely used case management systems in the care sector.
From the outset, CHARMS™ was designed to mimic the best features of paper files. A simple case record, in chronological order, with separate sections for each stage of the referral, assessment and care processes.
Over recent years we have worked in conjunction with universities to demonstrate how CHARMS™ can be used to assist social work students, in the first instance, to access a real system for case recording and has now progressed further to assist Higher Education Institutions (HEI's) in preparing Students to be ready for practice placements and of course for employment in care.
Working with universities we have created a platform whereby simulated scenarios or case studies are created within CHARMS™ and this assists in two areas in particular:
- Lecturers/tutors can create case studies/simulated scenarios
- Students learn how to navigate a computer system including logging into the system
- Students have to search for and find relevant records
- Students update the system with case records - which are immediately visible to tutors
- Tutors can manage student activity on case records in real time and with no need for emails and files back and forth
- Students gain experience of what they will see when they go out on placement
- Lecturers can see every case recording by all Students
- The system can be set up so that Students may (or may not) see each other's case recording(s)
- Ability to utilise throughout various modules
- Experience of using CHARMS™
- Navigating a computer system
- Searching for and finding relevant records
- Case recording
If you would like a demonstration of the system, we would be happy to provide it, free of charge of course.
Just email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book a time.
If you would prefer a quick conversation on the phone you can speak to our Managing Director, Jim Moores on 07930 541 248.
We look forward to hearing from you.